Bloom Where You Are Planted


I haven't been too inspired to write lately, but the truth is, sometimes it's just about starting. I've felt like if I didn't have some profound message, it wouldn't be worth reading. But God speaks to me through people. How am I to know how what I say will affect others? I trust the words will find the hearts it's meant to... and I still stand by sharing My Truth and revealing What's Under My Yoga Pants, despite the Lemon I was dealt as a result.

Now that I'm in a new area, I think it's important for those just meeting me to know my authentic self. I write a lot about my recovery from alcohol and addiction. I had a "burning bush" experience after working my twelve steps, and knew I was meant to leave my stressful, draining job, take a leap of faith, trust the universe and follow my heart, pursuing my passion. That's how YOGA by Brittney was birthed.


I'll be 18 months sober on May 20th - One day shy of my first wedding anniversary. Today, my connection to my higher power is the most important thing to me. God does for me, what I couldn't do for myself. Without Him, I wouldn't have the gift of sobriety. Without sobriety, I wouldn't have the blissful, magical life I live today.

Life is just that nowadays. I see divinity in everything; My Higher Power speaks to me, and I hear Him; I'm grateful beyond measure; I'm living a life of purpose, with love in service to others. Teaching yoga is my God given talent and the gift I believe I'm meant to share with the world.


Since I've moved to Virginia, I've taken some time to build a firm foundation within the recovery community. All the while Yoging, keeping my heart and mind open to the possibilities. I'm currently leading private sessions; by the end of May, I'll be teaching small classes within the Little Rocky Run neighborhood; there'a a chance I'll start teaching at WheelHouse in June and Aria MediSpa in July. Stay tuned as I continue to bloom where I'm planted.

Much Love & Light,
Yogi Brittney



Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences as you are led through new adventures. Yesterday and tomorrow we had/will have class using your video as our instructor. :) I also attended a new class today. It was very different, but feels so right to get back into practicing and learning. You planted that seed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't express how much this means to me! Sending so much love, light and healing energy to you and the Speedway family!!

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you continuing to move forward!

    We sure do miss you guys! Hank is trying to find a new little dog friend to boss him around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Shred" in Review

The Opposite of Addiction

Yoga Teacher Training India