Our Birthing Story

Lennon Lake was born 5/23/19 at 6:26pm EST - 38w 6d

My mom flew in from Nebraska Tuesday, 5/21; JC and I’s third Wedding Anniversary. I began oiling myself {more} w/ rose hip, frankincense, and clary sage. Massaging my feet. Wednesday we toured Lennon’s future daycare and colleagues threw me a shower. I also had a doctors appointment where I learned my cervix was, “long, hard and thick.” - “Shut down for business,” so I thought. An induction was scheduled for the 5th of June. I was experiencing a lot of nerve pain up my spine and felt so disheartened by the appointment. We had dinner at my Mother-in-Law’s, and I drank a small amount of castor oil w/ warm orange juice, followed by peppermint tea and a long walk... Could be wives' tale; could’ve worked! — I got the recipe from my neighbor who has a 1yr old. She too thought baby would come late and her MIL gave her the “cocktail.”



Contractions started at 4am 5/23, Thursday morning. By 6am contractions were  four minutes apart, 45-60 seconds in duration, increasing in intensity. I began journaling.


I finally woke up my mom, and later JC - I wanted to let hubs sleep as much as possible, knowing we were in for a big day. I was 1/2 cm dialated when we got to The Birthing Inn around 8am. The weather was perfect! 70 and sunny. They checked on baby. Before deciding whether or not to send me home or admit me, they had me walk 9:45-10:45am. By 11am, I made it to 6cm. I was thrilled to learn Baby was on his way.


I did hypnobirthing to get in the right head space and to visualize his bday; I'm a HUGE believer in the Law of Attraction - We got it all: I wanted to go into labor in the morning. I wanted 1/5 specific doctors/midwives (got my fav) - it was also her daughter's bday... I truly felt for the time leading up it would be the best day of our lives. Once admitted to L&D I set up my oil diffuser and some healing crystals (Celestiate, Malachite). I diffused DoTerra Serenity, Balance, Eucalyptus and Lemon. 


Birthing Affirmations:

Each wave brings me closer to baby
I will meet baby today
Birthing is natural and easy
My body was made to do this
My body knows exactly what to do
I feel connected to baby as a team
I am relaxed and calm
I let go
This too shall pass


I was planning to labor in a tub, but instead, I did say yes to the epidural (and no to any other pain meds); almost all my pain went up my spine during contractions. - I believe it was an amazing decision for me!! I labored comfortably until 5pm (when my midwife was done seeing patients for the day). I was finally at 10cm - pushed until he was born at 6:26pm. My body felt great; energized, healthy, strong. I also felt super connected to baby as a team. As you know from my Facebook or Instagram, I stayed active practicing and teaching yoga, which I believe helped my core, flexibility and stamina. I also had great capacity for breath and awareness of my energy. 




I did tear (in two places, second degree), but mostly a time I felt his head coming out, and I pushed before they told me to. They wanted me to push more gently at that time, I guess.

I got to pull him out and put him on me. He latched and has been nursing really well! Something I also “visualized.”  He is perfect, and we are so in love. 




I feel really good despite my stitches. - All the nurses were actually shocked at me crawling over the bed in recovery, getting up walking around on my own without the two "required nurses" to "help twice out of bed" before I was to do it alone. I rubbed Fractionated Coconut Oil, DoTerra Copaiba oil and "DDR Prime" on my belly throughout my pregnancy. I also religiously took my Juice Plus Trio Capsules and got regular prenatal massage.


I’m amazed and in awe of my hubs as a dad. We sent baby’s first hat and blanket home for our dogs and kitty to smell. We're adjusting well. 




Comments

  1. You are SO beautiful!! Inside and out! Congrats to you all!! He's soooo cute!!
    Much love,
    McKenna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Shred" in Review

The Opposite of Addiction

5 Tips on Savoring Time from a Sober Yogi Bride