Anticipating Ashram Life in India

I'm nervous...  What I've learned and experienced of self-reflection and spiritual growth thus far: It can be painful. But to gain self awareness, enlightenment and to awaken is powerful and what I believe we've all essentially incarnated for. So, from an internal perspective, I'm excited, trusting, albeit apprehensive about my trip to India.

The facilities of the Arhanta Yoga Ashram are simple, offering the possibility of immersion in traditional Indian culture and lifestyle, free from western luxury and comfort. The idea is to minimize materialistic influences and attachments, renounce material dependencies and to bring the focus within. Situated outside the historical city of Khajuraho amidst 17 acres of green land,  beautiful lush nature, surrounded by hills, forests and seemingly endless fields - the environment is a serene place for yoga, meditation and focus on spiritual growth. It is quiet and secluded promoting a deep connection with creation.




I get three healthy, vegetarian meals with food from local farms and herbal tea after dinner - which will all be enjoyed in silence. No alcohol, tobacco or stimulants (including caffeine), amongst many other rules. The course provides 300 hour intensive training in Advanced Hatha yoga, Yin yoga, Vinyasa yoga, yogic philosophy, yoga anatomy, physiology, asana and meditation teaching skills, advanced asana correction and modification skills.


I'm hoping for a radical spiritual experience, but in the least my intention is to deepen my yoga and meditation practice and to elevate my ability to teach and share the practice of yoga in a new way.

For now, I have one night left snuggling with my little family before I ship out on this grand adventure. I'm appreciating the small things... a hot shower, chocolate, coffee, a nice mattress... Being extra thankful, not-so-coicidentally approaching Thanksgiving outside of Washington, DC with my husband's family.




While there are some undeniable anxieties: traveling for three days to my destination alone, in a foreign, developing country -- I'm filled with faith, hope, love, excitement and joy. I've navigated the airports in Germany and Switzerland alone, enroute to/from Paris/Vienna and the Dominican Republic - I can do this too! This is actually a type of thrill I live for. I'm not questioning my purpose, path, angels or journey. Until we meet again.

Namaste,
Yogi Brittney

P.S. Also not-so-coincidently/highly synchronistic - We set off towards DC one year to the day from my last alcoholic drink, at eleven months of sobriety. I will graduate from the Ashram with one year to the day clean and sober. God is Good, and I'm so grateful for the gift of this lifetime.

"Purity and simplicity are the two wings with which man soars above the earth and all temporary nature." - Thomas a Kempis

Comments

  1. Excited for this adventure you are about to take. I am so proud of you and pray that the next month wI'll be more than what you're hoping it will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! ๐Ÿ˜❤️๐Ÿ™ Love you so much!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Shred" in Review

The Opposite of Addiction

5 Tips on Savoring Time from a Sober Yogi Bride